Friday, September 25, 2009

Hank Maximum: Meet Skip

Don't forget to vote on the right sidebar for what should happen next!

Hank pushed himself up on one elbow. He looked through the bars into the cell across the hall. Hank thought his mind was playing tricks on him. There, sitting in the cell opposite him, was the man in black from his dream. "Who are you?" Hank asked, still a little groggy.


"My name is Henry Glenview," he said, "But you can call me Skip, everyone does." Skip stood up and heaved a heavy sigh. "I told you not to let them find it," he said. Skip looked disapprovingly at Hank. "You're not doing a very good job of it so far," he said.


"First of all," Hank said, a bit surprised by Skip's tone, "How did you get into my dream? Second, how did you write on that newspaper? And third, how did you end up here?"


"Let's start with your third question first," Skip said. "It's the easiest. I ended up here because I was married to a lovely young girl named Sally. Sally MacCorkill."


"MacCorkill as in the lunatic that has us locked up in an underground jail while he hunts for the Loch Ness monster MacCorkill?" Hank asked.


"Yes," Skip said. "Larry is my brother-in-law."


"Larry!?!?" Hank asked. "That guy's first name is Larry?"


"Yes," Skip said. "You were expecting something else?"


"Well yeah," Hank said. "If a guy's got an elaborate illegal multi-national organization with an underground complex dedicated to finding the Loch Ness monster you'd expect him to have a more sinister first name like Victor or Vlad or Drakanus or something."


"Well it's Larry," Skip said. "To answer your second and first questions, I am a low level telepath. I can enter people's subconscious minds, but not their waking thoughts. I entered your mind while you slept to try and warn you about Larry, but it didn't work."


"Obviously," Hank said. "So why did Larry lock you up?"


"I'm afraid that I am somewhat responsible for Larry's bad behavior," Skip said. "You see, ever since I realized my ability, I have been searching for others like myself. I made the miscalculation of telling Larry about it. Larry used his connections in the business world to amass a large amount of ill gotten money and power. He then offered for me to help him with his mad quest to find the Loch Ness monster. When I turned him down, he locked me in here. I've been here for 2 years now. Once Larry captures and clones the abilities of the Loch Ness monster, he plans to do experiments on me to capture my ability as well. The only reason I'm alive is because he needs to capture Nessie first."


"Well," Hank said, "Let's figure a way to escape from here so that you don't have to become Larry's new guinea pig."


"I've tried to think of everything," Skip said. "I've given up hope." Skip sat down on his cot, a look of dejection on his face.


"Not everything," Hank said. Hank reached down and took off his shoe. He removed the sole and took out a small transmitter device. He pushed a tiny button on the side and returned the transmitter to his shoe.


"What was that?" Skip asked, a flicker of hope in his weary eyes.


"That was an emergency homing beacon," Hank said. "It calls for help when I'm in a jam. And from the looks of it, this is shaping up to be a doozy."


"Who does it call?" Skip asked, the eagerness showing in his voice.


"It calls the only person I would trust in a time like this," Hank said. "It calls...


1. My sister Tina

2. My dentist Carl

3. My stock broker Ike

Don't forget to vote on the right sidebar for what should happen next!

No comments:

Post a Comment