Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dracula at the Bank

Dracula: "I don't see why I should have to pay this overdraft fee. I have your No Overdraft Worries option on my checking account. Shouldn't that protect me from having to pay this overdraft fee?"

Teller: "No sir, it doesn't work that way. The No Overdraft Worries option only
protects you from overdrafts themselves, not from overdraft fees. You still owe the $35 for the overdraft fee."

Dracula: "That doesn't make any sense. If I am protected from overdrafts
themselves, how did I overdraft in the first place to have to pay this overdraft fee? Do you see what I'm saying?"

Teller: "Yes sir, I understand you. However, that is not the way the No
Overdraft Worries option works. The No Overdraft Worries option only protects you from overdrafts themselves, not from overdraft fees. You still owe the $35 for the overdraft fee."

Dracula: "That's exactly what you just said. You just repeated yourself. Look,
can I talk to your manager? I want to talk to someone who can do something for me."

Teller: "The manager is at lunch right now, he'll be back at 1:00. Would you
like to wait for him?"

Dracula: "No, I have a dentist appointment at 1:30. I'll just come back later."


Now, have you been paying close attention? What is wrong with this scenario?

2 comments:

  1. Dracula is supposed to be asleep during normal business hours. And anyway, I don't know a dentist who would want to treat those fangs!

    ReplyDelete